Rest Of God Paperback
Restoring Your Soul by Restoring Sabbath
by Mark Buchanan;
In Stock - Order before 4pm for same day dispatchWant it on Tuesday 22 August?
Order within 4 hours and 14 minutes for delivery on Tuesday 22 August when you choose Next Day Delivery at the Checkout
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £10.99 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
Rest Of God
Full Product Description
Widely-acclaimed author Mark Buchanan states that what we've really lost is 'the rest of God - the rest God bestows and, with it, that part of Himself we can know only through stillness.'
Stillness as a virtue is a foreign concept in our society, but there is wisdom in God's own rhythm of work and rest. Jesus practiced Sabbath among those who had turned it into a dismal thing, a day for murmuring and finger-wagging, and He reminded them of the day's true purpose: liberation - to heal, to feed, to rescue, to celebrate, to lavish and relish life abundant.
With this book Buchanan reminds us of this and gives practical advice for restoring the sabbath in our lives.
Rest Of God by Mark Buchanan was published by Thomas Nelson in March 2007 and is our 14945th best seller. The ISBN for Rest Of God is 9780849918704.
Reviews of Rest Of God
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Rest Of God.
If you like this you may also like...
Preface: Catnip: An Invitation to Stop
Introduction: Starting to Stop
1. Work: One Thing Before You Stop
2. A Beautiful Mind: Stopping to Think Anew
3. The Rest of God: Stopping to Find What's Missing
4. In God's Time: Stopping to See God's Bigness
5. The Rest of Time: Stopping to Number Our Days Aright
6. We're Not in Egypt Anymore: Stopping to Remove the Taskmasters
7. Losing My Religion: Stopping Legalism
8. The Golden Rule: Stopping to Find a Center
9. Play: Stopping Just to Waste Time
10. Restore: Stopping to Become Whole
11. Feast: Stopping to Taste the Kingdom
12. Listen: Stopping to Hear God
13. Remember: Stopping to Pick Up the Pieces
14. Reflect and Anticipate: Stopping to Glimpse Forever
Epilogue: Now Stop
Details for Rest Of God
|Page last updated||16th August 2017|
|Author / Artist||Mark Buchanan|
|Publisher||Thomas Nelson (March 2007)|
|Number of Pages||244|