As part of the Reclaiming Liberation Theology series, Another Possible World has come from the result of the first World Forum on Liberation Theology that took place in 2005 in Brazil and offers the reader a selection of the contributions made at the event. The contributors believe that another world is possible, where justice will reign, and this book provides the basis of their agendas and their visions for the future. This book includes discussions of the themes of liberation, ecumenical differences, inter-religious commitments, power, poverty and slavery and historical and interdisciplinary methodologies from the perspective of the global poor.
Series Editors Preface
List of Contributors
1. A World Forum for a Global Liberation Theology
Luiz Carlos Susin
2. Two Urgent Utopias for the Twenty-first Century
3. Religion for Another Possible World
4. Difficulties and Opportunities for Theology in Todays World
5. Class, Sex and the Theologian: Reflections on the Liberationist Movement in Latin America
6. The Future of Religion: Between Fundamentalism and Modernity
7. Challenges and Possibilities facing Theology Today
8. Trajectories and Prespectives: The European Case
9. Theology, Spirituality and the Market
Jung Mo Sung
10. Theology and Liberation: The African Agenda
11. Theologies in the USA
12. Notes on God and Gender
13. God, Ethic-Cultural Traditions and Globalization
14. Social Context, Language and Images of God
15. Indian Theologies: Retrospect and Prospects, A Sociopolitical Persepctive
16. Theology and Liberation: Juan Luis Segundo and three Takes on Secular Inventiveness
17. A Theology for Another Possible World is Possible
Juan José Tamayo Acosta
Index of Names and Subjects
Marcella Althaus-Reid is Professor of Contextual Theology at the University of Edinburgh.
Ivan Petrelle is Assistant Professor at the University of Miami.
Luiz Carlos Susin is General Secretary of the World Forum on Theology and Liberation and editor of Teologia para Outro Mundo Possivel
Another Possible World by Marcella Althaus-Ried, Ivan Petrella, Luiz Carlos Susin was published by SCM in October 2007 and is our 57401st best seller. The ISBN for Another Possible World is 9780334040941.