Reading The Bible Supernaturally Hardback
Seeing and Savoring the Glory of God in Scripture
by John Piper;
In Stock - Order before 4pm for same day dispatchWant it on Thursday 19 October?
Order within 6 hours and 57 minutes for delivery on Thursday 19 October when you choose Next Day Delivery at the Checkout
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £23.73 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Reading The Bible Supernaturally
Full Product Description
God wrote a book, and its pages are full of his glory. But we cannot see his beauty on our own, with mere human eyes.
In Reading the Bible Supernaturally, John Piper aims to show us how God works through his written Word when we pursue the natural act of reading the Bible, so that we experience his sightgiving power--a power that extends beyond the words on the page.
Ultimately, Piper shows us that in the seemingly ordinary act of reading the Bible, something miraculous happens: we are given eyes to behold the glory of the living God.
Reading The Bible Supernaturally by John Piper was published by Crossway in June 2017 and is our 12371st best seller. The ISBN for Reading The Bible Supernaturally is 9781433553493.
Reviews of Reading The Bible Supernaturally
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Reading The Bible Supernaturally.
Part One: The Ultimate Goal of Reading the Bible
Introduction to Part One: The Proposal
- Reading the Bible toward God's Ultimate Goal
- Reading the Bible toward White-Hot Worship
- Reading to See Supreme Worth and Beauty, Part 1
- Reading to See Supreme Worth and Beauty, Part 2
- Reading to See Supreme Worth and Beauty, Part 3
- Reading to Savor His Excellence, Part 1
- Reading to Savor His Excellence, Part 2
- Reading to Be Transformed, Part 1
- Reading to Be Transformed, Part 2
- Reading toward the Consummation
Part Two: The Supernatural Act of Reading the Bible
Introduction to Part Two
- The Necessity and Possibility of Reading the Bible Supernaturally
- Why the Pharisees Couldn't Read
- New Testament Pictures of Bible Reading as a Supernatural Act
Part Three: The Natural Act of Reading the Bible Supernaturally
Introduction to Part Three
- God Forbid That We Despise His Natural Gifts
- Humility Throws Open a Thousand Windows
- The Indispensable Place of Prayer in Reading the Bible Supernaturally: Wakening Our Desire for the Word
- The Indispensable Place of Prayer in Reading the Bible Supernaturally: To See, Savor, and Love with a United Heart
- Reading the Bible by Faith in the Promises of God
- Reading the Bible by Faith in His Promise to Instruct Us
- The Ordinary Aim of Reading: The Meaning of Meaning
- The Ordinary Aim of Reading: Five Reasons to Define Meaning as What the Author Intended to Communicate
- The Ordinary Aim of Reading: God's Intention through Man's Intention
- The Power of Patience and Aggressive Attentiveness
- Active Reading Means Asking Questions
- Asking Questions about Words and Phrases
- Propositions: Collections of Nuggets or Links in a Chain?
- Querying the Text about Paradoxes, Pleasures, and a Transformed Life
A Word of Thanks
Desiring God Note on Resources
Details for Reading The Bible Supernaturally
|Author / Artist||John Piper|
|Publisher||Crossway (June 2017)|
|Number of Pages||432|
|Page last updated||8th August 2017|