In Stock - Usually dispatched within 24 hours
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £2.99 Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Full Product Description
The Book of Jonah: A Bible Study on Hearing God's Call
The story of Jonah in the Bible is more than a chidren's story about a great whale or fish. It's a story of being obedient to God, even when we don't want to.
How do you respond to unexpected change? To plans interrupted, perspectives challenged, and routines ruined? Do you hide from it, distracting yourself by staying busy? Do you resist it, questioning the new direction? Although change remains an unavoidable part of life, we naturally crave to maintain the stability of the familiar. Discover how to stay afloat despite life's changes and interruptions in this excellent Jonah Bible Study. (See the Bible Study Questions below.)Themes in the Book of JonahGod Called Jonah to Nineveh, to the Land of Israel's EnemiesThe call of God required Jonah to make 3 major changes
- Change his life's direction.
- Change his location.
- Change his perspective on who deserves God's grace.
Dive into the meaning and relevance of this beloved Bible story with this full color, 14-pannel pamphlet which highlights one disobedient prophet and one all-loving God. Enjoy hundreds of fascinating facts and scriptural insights at your fingertips, including information on the cultural, historical, and symbolic background of the Book of Jonah.
God doesn't promise us smooth sailing, but when we let him navigate our life choices he will never let us sink.
This Jonah Bible Study Provides Key Insights and Tools
- Summary of the Book of Jonah
- Historical background of the Book of Jonah
- The symbolism of Nineveh, Tarshish, and the "leaf and worm" parable
- Cultural background of the Assyrian Empire
- Map of the Assyrian Empire
- A chart explaining "the sign of Jonah" in various Gospels
- A chart comparing the sailors' prayers with Jonah's plea within the whale
- Reflective questions throughout each section to make the content personal
- God's compassion and mercy
- God's calling and will
- God's sovereignty
- God's impartiality
Jonah was published by Rose Publishing in April 2012 and is our 4034th best seller. The ISBN for Jonah is 9781596364998.
Reviews of Jonah
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Jonah.
Details for Jonah
|Publisher||Rose Publishing (April 2012)|
|Page last updated||3rd July 2017|