Heresies And How To Avoid Them Paperback
by Ben Quash; Michael Ward;
In Stock - Usually dispatched within 48 hours
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £12.50 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Heresies And How To Avoid Them
Full Product Description
Part 1 Heresies of the Person of Christ and How to Avoid Them
1. Arianism: Is Jesus Christ divine and eternal or was he created?
Michael B Thompson
2. Docetism: Is Jesus Christ really human or did he just appear to be so?
3. Nestorianism: Is Jesus Christ one person or does he have a split identity, with his divine nature separate and divided from his human nature?
A N Williams
4. Eutychianism: Is Jesus Christ divine and human or a hybrid, a thing that is neither fully one nor the other?
5. Adoptionism: Is Jesus Christ the Son of God by nature or by adoption?
6. Theopaschitism: Is Jesus Christ able or unable to suffer in his divine nature?
Part 2 Heresies of the Church and Christian Living and How to Avoid Them
7. Marcionism: Can Christians dispense with the God of the Old Testament?
8. Donatism: Do Christian ministers need to be faultless for their ministrations to be effective?
9. Pelaginism: Can people be saved by their own efforts?
10. Gnosticism: Can people be saved by acquiring secret knowledge?
11. The heresy of the Free Spirit: Are there two kinds of Christian, those with divine wills and those with human wills?
12. Biblical Trinitarianism: The purpose of being orthodox.
Janet Martin Soskice
Heresies And How To Avoid Them by Ben Quash;Michael Ward was published by SPCK in April 2007 and is our 23594th best seller. The ISBN for Heresies And How To Avoid Them is 9780281058433.
Reviews of Heresies And How To Avoid Them
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Heresies and How to Avoid ThemDavid Thomson, via The Good Book Stall
I wish I'd had access to this when I was a student! A dozen short chapters, based on a sermon series at Peterhouse Cambridge, give short clear explanations of the major heresies (Arianism, Docetism etc), show how the fit together with each other and the development of mainstream faith, and how they connect with today. The sermon origins keep them accessible, faithful and relevant, and they happily combine a generous spirit with a healthy orthodoxy. Well worth reading, and worth using to inspire your own preaching and teaching too.
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Heresies And How To Avoid Them.
If you like this you may also like...
Details for Heresies And How To Avoid Them
|Page last updated||5th March 2017|
|Author / Artist||Ben Quash;Michael Ward|
|Publisher||SPCK (April 2007)|
|Editor||Ben Quash;Michael Ward|
|Number of Pages||160|