Dictionary of Christianity and Science Hardback
The Difinitive Reference for the Intersection of Christian Faith and Contemporary Science
by Copan, Paul; Longman III, Trem;
In Stock - Usually dispatched within 5 days
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £31.99 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Dictionary of Christianity and Science
Full Product Description
How does Christian theology relate to scientific inquiry? What are the competing philosophies of science, and do they "work" with a Christian faith based on the Bible? No reference work has covered this terrain sufficiently—until now.
Featuring the work of over 140 international contributors, the Dictionary of Christianity and Science is a deeply-researched, peer-reviewed, fair-minded work that illuminates the intersection of science and Christian belief. In one volume, you get reliable summaries and critical analyses of over 450 relevant concepts, theories, terms, movements, individuals, and debates. You will find answers to your toughest questions about faith and science, from Adam and Eve and the Age of the Earth to Evolution and String Theory.
- Entries for over 450 key terms, theories, individuals, debates, and more will help you think through some of today's most challenging topics, including climate change, evolution, bioethics, and much more
- Essays from over 140 leading international scholars, including Francis Beckwith, Michael Behe, Darrell Bock, William Lane Craig, Hugh Ross, Craig Keener, Davis Young, John Walton, and many more
- Multiple–view essays on controversial topics allow you to understand and compare viewpoints
- Learn about flesh-and-blood figures who have shaped the interaction of science and religion: Augustine, Aquinas, Bacon, Darwin, and Stephen Hawking are just the beginning
- Full cross-reference system, and entries include references and recommendations for further reading
"Every Christian studying science will want a copy within arm's reach." —Scot McKnight, Northern Seminary
"This is an invaluable resource that belongs in every Christian's library. I will be keeping my copy close by when I'm writing."—Lee Strobel, Elizabeth and John Gibson chair of apologetics, Houston Baptist University
"Sparkles with passion, controversy, and diverse perspectives."—Karl Giberson, professor of science and religion, Stonehill College
"An impressive resource that presents a broad range of topics from a broad tent of evangelical scholars."—Michael R. Licona, Houston Baptist University
"I am certain that this dictionary will serve the church for many years in leading many to demonstrate that modern science can glorify our Creator and honor his creation."—Denis O. Lamoureux, University of Alberta
"'Dictionary' is too humble a label for what this is! I anticipate that this will offer valuable guidance for Christian faithfulness."—C. John Collins, Covenant Theological Seminary
Get answers to the difficult questions surround faith and science!
Dictionary of Christianity and Science by Copan, Paul; Longman III, Trem was published by Zondervan in April 2017 and is our 41699th best seller. The ISBN for Dictionary of Christianity and Science is 9780310496052.
Reviews of Dictionary of Christianity and Science
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Dictionary of Christianity and Science.
Details for Dictionary of Christianity and Science
|Author / Artist||Copan, Paul; Longman III, Trem|
|Publisher||Zondervan (April 2017)|
|Number of Pages||640|
|Page last updated||16th February 2018|