Approaching God Hardback
by Lisa Repko Borden;
Rated 5 stars by our customers!
In Stock - Order before 4pm for same day dispatchWant it on Tuesday 24 October?
Order within 4 hours and 56 minutes for delivery on Tuesday 24 October when you choose Next Day Delivery at the Checkout
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £9.99 Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Full Product Description
These limpid truths about the nature of the Divine encourage confidence and intimacy as we relate with God, and counter misconceptions about what God is truly like.
1. God the artist, creator, who loves creative expression.
2. God as good company, friend, one who enjoys our company and actually really likes us.
3. God our protector/provider, redeeming the image of father through his faithful care of us.
4. God our life giver, a nurturing God who gathers us in his arms and picks us up when we fall. This chapter explores the nature of God through the metaphor of mother, the God who embraces us and picks us up when we fall.
5. God our teacher, guide, and life-coach: not handing out rules and regulations but giving practical insight for wisdom, health and good living.
6. God as physician, healer. He won't always provide miracles, yet God does heal physically and emotionally, so we can approach with expectation and hope.
Approaching God by Lisa Repko Borden was published by Lion Hudson in August 2010 and is our 15314th best seller. The ISBN for Approaching God is 9781854249487.
Reviews of Approaching God
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Approaching GodMelanie Carroll, via The Good Book Stall
This is an interesting little hardback book that is rather like reading the authors personal meditations on growing in understanding of who God is and how we react with that God. Moving through the understandings of God as Friend, Father, Mother, Artist, Healer, Guide it delves into what these things mean and how we understand these things both through the Bible and through our own experiences. It builds to show that there are myriad ways of interacting with the Creator and that He provides all these ways so that we can truly come to be in relationship with Him. It is a lovely little book and at the end of each chapter is a 'Responding to God as..' section which makes for a great personal study time, but could equally as well be adapted to use in a house group setting which would make this book ideal for using as a six week study.
I also think this book would make a perfect confirmation or adult baptism gift.
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Approaching God.
Samples of this Book
Details for Approaching God
|Author / Artist||Lisa Repko Borden|
|Publisher||Lion Hudson (August 2010)|
|Number of Pages||160|
|Page last updated||16th October 2017|