Affirming the Resurrection of the Incarnate Christ Hardback
A Reading of 1 John
by Matthew D. Jensen;
In Stock - Usually dispatched within 24 hours
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £59.99 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Affirming the Resurrection of the Incarnate Christ
Full Product Description
Jensen's interpretation calls for a new understanding of the historical context in which 1 John was written, particularly the question of Jesus' identity from the perspective of his fellow Jews. An innovative and provocative study, of interest to scholars and advanced students of New Testament studies, Johannine theology and Jewish history.
• Argues that, contrary to widespread interpretations, Jesus's resurrection is referred to in 1 John
• Demonstrates how 1 John fits comfortably alongside other New Testament documents
• Offers the new interpretation that 1 John was written for a Jewish audience who were being told that Jesus was not the Christ
Affirming the Resurrection of the Incarnate Christ by Matthew D. Jensen was published by Cambridge University Press in September 2012. The ISBN for Affirming the Resurrection of the Incarnate Christ is 9781107027299.
Reviews of Affirming the Resurrection of the Incarnate Christ
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Affirming the Resurrection of the Incarnate Christ.
Part I. A Reading Method:
1. Methods of reading 1 John 11
2. Circles and tangents: a reading strategy
Part II. A Reading of 1 John:
3. The resurrected incarnate Christ: 1 John 1:1–5
4. The claimants: 1 John 1:6–2:11
5. The historical situation: 1 John 2:15–2:27
6. The audience: 1 John 2:28–3:24
7. The confession: 1 John 4:1–6
8. The resurrection of the crucified Jesus: 1 John 4:7–5:21
Appendix: the structure of 1 John.
Samples of this Book
Details for Affirming the Resurrection of the Incarnate Christ
|Page last updated||25th February 2017|
|Author / Artist||Matthew D. Jensen|
|Publisher||Cambridge University Press (September 2012)|
|Number of Pages||234|