Adam and the Genome Paperback
Reading Scripture After Genetic Science
by Scot McKnight;
In Stock - Order before 4pm for same day dispatchWant it on Tuesday 12 December?
Order within 6 hours and 6 minutes for delivery on Tuesday 12 December when you choose Next Day Delivery at the Checkout
A Bird's Eye View from Eden
A look at Genesis through the lens of modern developments in Genetics, Adam and the Genome asks 'did we really come from Adam and Eve?'
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £13.99 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Adam and the Genome
Full Product Description
Leading evangelical geneticist Dennis Venema and popular New Testament scholar Scot McKnight combine their expertise to offer informed guidance and answers to questions pertaining to evolution, genomic science, and the historical Adam. Some of the questions they explore include:
- Is there credible evidence for evolution?
- Do we descend from a population or are we the offspring of Adam and Eve?
- Does taking the Bible seriously mean rejecting recent genomic science?
- How do Genesis's creation stories reflect their ancient Near Eastern context, and how did Judaism understand the Adam and Eve of Genesis?
- Doesn't Paul's use of Adam in the New Testament prove that Adam was a historical individual?
The authors address up-to-date genomics data with expert commentary from both genetic and theological perspectives, showing that genome research and Scripture are not irreconcilable. Foreword by Tremper Longman III and afterword by Daniel Harrell.
Adam and the Genome by Scot McKnight was published by Baker Publishing Group in February 2017 and is our 29359th best seller. The ISBN for Adam and the Genome is 9781587433948.
Reviews of Adam and the Genome
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Adam and the Genome.
Foreword by Tremper Longman III
1. Evolution as a Scientific Theory
2. Genomes as Language, Genomes as Books
3. Adam's Last Stand?
4. What about Intelligent Design?
5. Adam, Eve, and the Genome: Four Principles for Reading the Bible after the Human Genome Project
6. Adam and Eve of Genesis in Their Context: Twelve Theses
7. The Variety of Adams and Eves in the Jewish World
8. Adam, the Genome, and the Apostle Paul
Afterword by Daniel Harrell
Samples of this Book
Details for Adam and the Genome
|Author / Artist||Scot McKnight|
|Book Format||Paperback / softback|
|Publisher||Baker Publishing Group (February 2017)|
|Number of Pages||224|
|Page last updated||11th December 2017|