NIV Life Application Study Bible: Hardback
Benefit from the Bible's wisdom in your daily life
Rated 5 stars by our customers!
In Stock - Order before 4pm for same day dispatchWant it on Wednesday 26 November?
Order within 14 hours and 36 minutes for delivery on Wednesday 26 November when you choose Next Day Delivery at the Checkout
Offer price: £19.99 Free Delivery
Anna Bunn, Eden.co.uk Store Manager
Our bestselling Study Bible, the NIV Life Application provides practical study notes and references, alongside the popular NIV text, complete with UK spelling and grammar. This easy to follow Study Bible is a firm favourite at any stage of faith.
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Why buy from Eden.co.uk?
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £10
Churches & Schools Click here to Buy Now and Pay Later
Call us on 0800 612 2186
Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:30pm
Security Guaranteed with 256-Bit SSL Security from Verisign
Over 400,000 customers served
Our bestselling Study Bible, the NIV Life Application provides practical, life changing study notes and references, alongside the popular NIV text complete with UK spelling and grammar. This easy to follow study bible is a firm favourite with christian's at any stage of their faith.
The NIV Life Application Study Bible gives you the most complete and thorough access to the meaning of the Bible and clear guidance towards reaping the benefits of living as God intended in today’s challenging, demanding world. Living as a Christian in today’s world isn’t getting any easier. But the first step is to know what living as a Christian is really all about - this is what Life Application Bibles do for you.
The NIV Life Application Study Bible gives you:
• The confidence to study what the Bible says and live out its teaching day by day
• Everything you need to engage with the Bible with expert resources at your fingertips
• Invites you into the world of Bible scholars while equipping you with the tools you need
• Explains simply the meaning, context and relevance of the Bible's text and history
• Makes you more able to converse with others and speak knowledgeably on Biblical topics
How the NIV Study Bible gives you what you need:
Helping you see how scriptures written hundreds – even thousands of years ago are relevant to today's issues, this edition gives you the most extensive resources and the most direct connection between what you read and how that translates into everyday life.
This edition gives you:
READABILITY - Popular New International Version text in 9 point text.
KNOWLEDGE - 10,000 notes help you apply its truth to your life.
INFORMATION - The strengths and weaknesses of over 100 key Bible people.
RELEVANCE - Main themes of each book highlighted for today.
HISTORICAL CONTEXT - Book outlines, timelines, and other key facts.
CONTEMPORARY ISSUES - Over 1,700 notes and profiles.
LOCATIONS AND PLACES - Over 250 maps and charts where you need them.
CROSS REFERENCES - Links to other scripture text and passages.
HARMONY OF THE GOSPELS - Events in the life of Jesus linked across gospels.
CONCORDANCE – All important words linked, located and explained.
DAILY READING PLAN – To co-ordinate your reading, understanding and life application.
The Life Application Study Bible bridges the gap between the ancient world life in the twenty-first century: personal relationships, family life, the working environment, self-image, and complex moral issues. Nearly 100 contributors and scholars - many with real world pastoral experience, and from a variety of denominations, helped to prepare the notes, profiles, charts, maps, index, and other helps which make this volume much more than any other Study Bible. This NIV edition is today's top selling Life Application and Study Bible.
NIV Life Application Study Bible: Hardback was published by Kingsway in December 2001 and is our 28th best seller. The ISBN for NIV Life Application Study Bible: Hardback is 9780854769469.
Can you please tell me what size bible cover this will need. I've looked at the dimensions of the Extra large as mentioned by another reviewer, however, it seems too big?
Please can you tell me if this is the new NIV (2011) or a 1984 version of the NIV.
This Life Application Bible features the 1984 NIV translation.
Does the NIV Life Application Study Bible: Hardback have single or double columns?
The NIV Life Application Study Bible: Hardback has double columns.
Is the NIV Life Application Study Bible: Hardback in British text or Americanised spelling?
This edition of the NIV Life Application Study Bible: Hardback features Anglicised text.
What size is the print in the NIV Life Application Study Bible?
The main text of the NIV Life Application Study Bible features 8-10 point font size; the 'notes' section print is a little smaller, at 6 point.
Does this Bible have notes in and who it is published by?
Yes this study Bible does have notes, it has:
Popular New International Version text
• Application Notes - Over 10,000 life application notes help you understand the meaning of the Bible and apply its truth to your life
• Personality Profiles - A unique feature, giving observations on the strengths and weaknesses of over 100 key people in the Bible
• Book Introductions - These focus on the main themes of each book in the Bible, to highlight its relevance to today. Including outlines, timelines, and other key facts
• Thematic Index - Over 1,700 entries increase the usefulness of this Bible by pointing you to specific notes, charts, maps and profiles that are relevant to contemporary issues
• Maps and Charts - Now at last you can visualize where people and places are without having to refer to a separate atlas or map section. Over 200 maps are included on the pages where you need them. And over 250 charts make it easier to understand key points in the Bible text
• Cross References - References in the margin point to other scriptures relevant to the passage being read
• Harmony of the Gospels - 250 key events in the life of Jesus give a broadly chronological picture of Jesus' ministry. Each event is cross-referenced to a special heading in the gospels text
• Daily reading plan
It is published by kingsway.
What is the print size - I need a fairly large print for easy reading.
The Life Application Bible is not a large print edition. The font size is approximately 9-10pt.
You may wish to consider the Large Print edition of the NIV Life Application Study Bible which can be found at
Is this Bible better suited to young in faith believers? I have been a believer and walked with God for over 30 years now. Would it suit me or do you recommend another? Thanks, Stephen
This excellent Study Bible is not age-bound and would be suitable fro those new or established in faith.
Are the words of Christ in red?
No the words of Christ are not in red.
This product is also listed in the following departments:
- Bestsellers department
- Bible Sale department
- Books department
- Christmas Store department under Christmas Gift Finder
- Life Application Study Bibles department under Life Application NIV
- Top Sale Deals department under NIV
- Life Application Bibles department under NIV Life Application Bible
- NIV Life Application Study Bible department
- Study Bibles department under NIV Study Bibles
- Top Sale Deals department under Study
- Top Sale Deals department
The Life Application Study Bible is today's top selling study Bible because it helps people see how the Scriptures are relevant to today's issues. This edition of the Life Application Study Bible lets you enjoy the best-selling Life Application features with the popular New International Version.
According to Billy Graham, “the Life Application Study Bible is a great step forward in helping Christians apply the Bible's life-changing message in their own lives”... and we whole-heartedly agree.
The most extensive resource Bible in the world is also the first Bible specifically designed to help you apply what you read to everyday life. The Bible is a life-changing book. But how can something from the ancient world apply to life at the dawn of the twenty-first century - to personal relationships, family life, the working environment, self-image, and complex moral issues?
The Life Application Study Bible bridges the gap. Nearly 100 contributors and scholars (many with pastoral experience) from a variety of denominations, helped to prepare the notes, profiles, charts, maps, index, and other helps which make this volume go way beyond ordinary study Bibles.
The New International Version is the world's most popular contemporary English translation of the Bible, ideal for all ages. If you've ever read the Bible and then frankly asked the question, "So what? How do I apply this?" the Life Application Study Bible is for you.
Special features include:
- Popular New International Version text in 9-10 point font.
- Over 10,000 life application notes help you apply its truth to your life.
- Observations on the strengths and weaknesses of over 100 key Bible people.
- Main themes of each book in the Bible, to highlight its relevance to today.
- Book outlines, timelines, and other key facts.
- Over 1,700 notes and profiles relevant to contemporary issues.
- Over 250 maps and charts on the pages where you need them.
- Cross References to other scriptures relevant to the passage being read.
- Harmony of the Gospels - key events in the life of Jesus cross-referenced.
A portion of the retail price of every NIV Bible bought will be provided to the International Bible Society to help spread the gospel of Jesus Christ around the world.
Bible Covers for your NIV Life Application Study Bible:
This Bible measures 245mm (9.75") x 165mm (6.5") x 60mm (2.5")
Any Bible cover of these dimensions or larger will keep your Bible safe and easy to carry with you wherever you go.
"The Life Application Study Bible is a great step forward in helping Christians apply the Bible's life-changing message in their own lives." - Billy Graham.
"This is the most thorough aid to Bible study that I've come across. It's enlightening, it's enriching, it's great!" - Cliff Richard.
"The Life Application Study Bible is an ideal resource for everyone who wants to dig deeper and discover more about the relevance of the Bible to life and the big questions we all face today." - Steve Chalke, Oasis Trust.
"Simple to use, crammed with facts and wisdom, the Life Application Study Bible is for anyone who wants to see how the Bible is as relevant today as it ever was." - Mike Pilavachi, Soul Survivor.
"With such rich background information about people and customs, this is a wonderful way to make the Bible come alive for all the family." - Rob Parsons, Care for the Family.
"I consider the Life Application Study Bible best in providing both excellent interpretation and practical application." - Luis Palau, International Evangelist.
"With its no-nonsense commentary and clear study aids, the Life Application Study Bible is not likely to be left on the shelf. Now that it is available with the proven and popular NIV text, its usefulness for both individuals and groups will surely increase." - David Coffey, General Secretary, Baptist Union of Great Britain.
"Few Christians have the time to refer to a range of commentaries when studying the Bible. The Life Application Study Bible takes the pain out of research and gives easy-to-read and relevant information." - Rob Frost, Methodist Evangelist.
"The word of God is to be lived as well as read. The emphasis of the Life Application Study Bible in helping the believer to apply Scripture to his or her daily life is particularly welcome." - Colin Urquhart, Kingdom Faith Ministries.
"The NIV is an excellent modern translation, and Christians of all ages will find the Life Application Notes extremely helpful." - David Petts, Principal, Mattersey Hall, Assemblies of God Bible College.
"This is a unique and very powerful combination of the proven NIV translation, relevant yet brief explanatory Notes, and down-to-earth personal application of the text. I warmly commend it as a first-rate study and devotional tool for Bible students and general readers alike." - Bob Dunnett, Birmingham Bible Institute.
"What does one hope for in translations of the Bible? First, a humble reverence before the sacred text; secondly, scholarly familiarity with the theology, background and languages of the Bible; and thirdly, cultural sensitivity in the search for a dynamic equivalent which is both faithful and felicitous. The NIV seems to me to reflect and outstanding combination of these three qualities, and I warmly commend it." - John Stott, Rector Emeritus of All Souls Church, London.
Life Application is making the Bible matter. It’s the difference between theoretical study of the Bible and living it out. It’s the difference between knowing what Jesus said and doing what Jesus said. Life Application Bibles look at what was written in the Bible hundreds if not thousands of years ago and translate its message into what that means for Christians today.
This means looking in depth at the context of when the Bible was written as well as what was written. It means understanding why it was written in the first place and what life was like for those original writers and readers. With all this information to hand its possible to look at the similarities and differences between then and now and work out what is transient and times related, and what is unchangeable and constant.
It’s not a case of giving high handed orders to lowly folk from theological scholars disconnected from real life of ordinary Christians, churches and communities. It’s very much a case of sharing expertise and understanding to help you decide how to respond in your situation. Notes, maps, timelines, introductions, histories and personality profiles offer a wealth of information which, only a generation ago, would have been beyond the reach of any but the most academic of Bible scholars.
Of course, academic information and even reasoning is never enough. The Bible is not a book to be read understood and returned to its place on the bookshelf. It’s a book to be taken into the real everyday world and applied to its issues, problems, concerns and challenges. It’s the Haynes manual for living as God intended in the 21st century. Life Application Study Bibles begin by giving you a step by step understanding of what the Bible says, but it doesn’t stop there.
Study notes, resources and complete index systems let you come to the Bible with an issue or a problem and be directed to where the answer lies. Any and all personal, community and global question has the route to a lasting and just answer somewhere in the Bible’s pages. Life Application Study Bible make finding that answer more straightforward that having to do it all on your own. – Les Ellison
Well, if Bibles were cars, Life Application Bibles would be four-wheel drives, the Swiss army knives, the Doc Marten Boots and Radio Times of the Bible world. In short, Application Bibles get the job done. They have most of what you’d find in other kinds of Bible – though not in the same depth or detail. What they have that other Bibles generally don’t is real life practicality.
Knowing what this or that Bible verse said in the original Greek, or what that verse meant in 605BC Babylon is one thing, knowing what it means for you – and how it can get you through your day is quite another. This is where Life Application Bibles shift into 4WD, flip out the right tool, pull tight the laces and get straight to the programme you need. Book by book, chapter by chapter and verse by verse, Life Application Bibles never leave you wondering what it’s all about. Life Application is knowing that if it’s in the Bible it’s there for a purpose and it’s there for you.
That doesn’t mean you can just sit back and be taken for a smooth ride. The Bible’s a tough book and so is making it work in real life. And don’t think you can’t just wait for it to simply hand you the right tool for the job. Sometimes you have to go looking for it in the themed index. But it’s all in there for you – and following the 365 day planner will make sure you don’t miss anything. Just as everyone has a different life, so there’s a different Life Application Bible for everyone… well, not quite. But there are dozens of edition in a wide choice of colours and styles, so there’ll be one to fit your lifestyle like a strong pair of Docs!
So how to choose your Life Application Bible?
• Read the top tips below, and browse the range of Life Application Study Bibles on Eden.co.uk:
• Who are you?: There are special Life Application Bibles for guys, girls, scholars, students, kids and anyone looking for a more direct connection between what they read in the Word and how they live in the world.
• How do you live your life?: Soft cover, pocket-size and personal editions are best for anyone whose Bible travels with them. Beautifully bound editions for home, church and study also make welcome gifts.
• What do you really need?: Large print editions make Life Application Bibles open to all, and single book commentary editions make practical alternatives to carrying around the whole Bible.
• What designs do you like?: Modern, classic and traditional covers give your Bible a sharp modern edge or enduring timelessness. Colours for the fashionable and designs for the stylish relate yours to you and your life.
• Which translation do you love most?: Just about every English translation from the ever popular King James, through the reliable New International to the readable Message, has Application editions in a range of covers and designs. - Les Ellison
|Page last updated||25th September 2014|
|Publisher||Kingsway (December 2001)|
|Number of Pages||2420|