Read about the latest updates from the UK Worship Movement setting the world ablaze:
• Fresh New Album Release – ‘Let It Be Known’
• UK Tour Announcement!!!
• Current Worship Leader Line-Up
Now, their third live album, ‘Let It Be Known’, recorded back in October 2012 and has finally arrived - in day-glo blue. This album is the result of community collaboration; not just from the HTB worship team.
Tim Hughes explains: “We decided to collaborate much more with our songwriting; spending more time writing together. These songs are the fruit of that passion.” At weekend retreats ideas were bounced around, chords strummed and lyrics fine tuned. We think the album has a strong British vibe which boldly reaches into ultramodern sounds.
1. Ready For You (Luke Hellebronth, Nick Herbert, Ben Cantelon)
2. God Most High (Ben Cantelon, Luke Hellebronth, Martyn Layzell)
3. Let It Be Known (Tim Hughes, Nick Herbert, Tom Smith)
4. The Cross Stands (Tim Hughes, Nick Herbert, Ben Cantelon, Matt Redman)
5. Dry Bones (Nikki Fletcher, Tom Smith & Tim Hughes)
6. Kingdom Coming (Tim Hughes, Luke Hellebronth, Martin Smith, Pete Greig)
7. Guardian (Ben Cantelon, Nick Herbert, Stu Garrard)
8. Draw Me Close (Nikki Fletcher, Luke Hellebronth, Joel Wardle)
9. The Constant (Al Gordon, Ben Cantelon)
10. Hallelujah (Ben Cantelon)
11. Our Generation (Luke Hellebronth, Myles Dhillon, Tim Hughes)
12. Set Me Free (Luke Hellebronth, Myles Dhillon)
13. The Same Power (Ben Cantelon, Nick Herbert)
The self-titled single was released on 17.03.2013, with the album soon to follow. With churches already singing the Christ-centred ‘The Cross Stands’, we can sense this album will have much to offer the local church looking for new congregational material.
UK Tour March 2013 – 9 Cities
With the dawning of 13 new worship songs on the new live album, the Worship Central team has announced their UK tour. Throughout March 2013 the team will be travelling the length and breadth of the British Isles (except Wales). They’ve also invited Alpha Labs along for the road trip to encourage gig-goers to explore the role of worships in evangelism.
Here are the tour dates: Southampton (13th March), Bristol (14th March), Newcastle (15th March), Cambridge (19th March), Manchester (20th March), Sheffield (21st March), Edinburgh (22nd March), Belfast (23rd March).
The Current Worship Leader Line-Up
Tim Hughes: Worship Director at HTB (Holy Trinity Brompton Church, London) and co-founder of Worship Central. Tim began leading worship at the youth festival, Soul Survivor, while he was studying history at Sheffield University. I’m sure he’d have been a great history teacher, but thank God he chose to write and lead worship instead!
Tweeter Handle – @timhughes77
Al Gordon: Creative Director & Alpha International Leader at HTB and co-founder of Worship Central. With his trademark quiff/comb-over, Al has helped the church push forward into new areas and to new heights, and he’s also wrote some great worship songs too.
Tweeter Handle – @AlGordonTV
Ben Cantelon: Worship Pastor at HTB. Ben played keyboard with Tim Hughes while he was at his church leading a youth conference in Vancover, Canada. He was offered the opportunity to cross the Atlantic and lead worship under Tim and he’s been here ever since.
Tweeter Handle – @bencantelon
Nikki Fletcher: Worship Pastor at HTB, and recent mum. Hailing from Australia, Nikki was asked to join the team and now leads worship regularly, plus she’s recently released her first EP called ‘All Gory’.
Tweeter Handle – @nikkifletcher
Luke Hellebronth: (Another) Worship Pastor at HTB. Luke is perhaps the least known of the bunch, which also probably makes him the most humble too.
Tweeter Handle – @lukehellebronth
And… Myles Dhillon: British Rapper who tags along for the tours and recordings, sparking a modern sound in worship. Myles also works in schools and young offenders institutes using his musical gifts.
March 8th, 2013 - Posted & Written by James Warwood