Every year Christian parents ask themselves the same question – what should I buy my kids for Christmas? But inside they are playing tug of war:
Do I ...
a) buy my kids the latest gadgets and gizmos,
b) buy my kids a book which tells and explains the birth of the Saviour of the World! or
c) give in and buy a handful of gift vouchers
So how can you, a concerned Christian parent, pass down the real meaning of Christmas to your kids before it’s too late? To save you precious time, effort and the migraine induced shopping chaos – we’ve hand-picked our favourite books that tell the Christmas story to different age groups. We hope this helps.
For Babies and Unborn Babies
• Colourful animation and cheery worship music to stimulate a babies mind
• “This was a gift and is now practically part of the bed-time routine. I've since bought this for friends who also love it. I highly recommend it.” – Karen, Eden.co.uk review
• “All in all a wonderful product. We have bought the collection for all our friends and family.” – Matt, Eden.co.uk review
Age Range: 0 – 3 years old (but also a good gift for unborn babies)
Christmas Message: ‘Joy to the World’ is the Christmas themed Praise Baby CD & DVD, which includes Christmas music, carols, sights and sounds.
Each eight page story is written in clear and simple text with charming illustrations by Marie Allen.
- Mary's Visitor
- Joseph's Journey
- The Borrowed Stable
- The Shepherd's Visit
- The Wise Men's Quest
- Three Gifts
Age Range: 0-4 years old
Christmas Message: An adorable collection of pocket-sized board books for pint-sized readers, includes six individual books re-telling the story of Christmas.
- 32 full-colour pages
- Simple, easy to understand wording
- Ideal for toddler giveaways
Age Range: 2 – 5 years old
Christmas Message: From the popular Beginner's Bible Series, the greatest story ever, told afresh with eyecatching illustrations.
• Veggie Tales explain Christmas – without ruining the illusion of Father Christmas
• A double edition of festive fun: The Toy that Saved Christmas and The Star of Christmas
• Running Time: Less than 50 minutes each
Age Range: 3 – 7 years old
Christmas Message: An Omnibus of Christmas cheer, this Veggietales DVD set mixes both Christmas stories with honesty and integrity, teaching Children the real reason for the season.
For Ages 3-6
• Christmas story with 5 days of devotional activities to help your child think about the story
• Each day includes a Bible verse, an extra story, a fun question, and a short simple prayer
• Excellent little book to encourage parent and child spiritual interaction
Age Range: 3 – 6 years old
Christmas Message: Read through the book 5 times, each time finishing with a different devotional which will teach them about Jesus being God’s present to us, obedience, Jesus being our friend, everyone can come to Jesus and to remember Jesus on Christmas day.
• Charming storytelling and beautiful illustration
• From the popular Would you Like to Know? Series
• Includes a 'Meaning of Christmas' section
Age Range: 4 – 7 years old
Christmas Message: With a presentation page, this little book from the Would you Like to Know? series makes a perfect, little gift or stocking filler.
For Ages 6-8
• Learn the Christmas story through activities
• 64 pages of puzzles, dot-to-dots, hidden objects, colouring pages and fun pictures
• Will keep children engaged by journeying through the story
Age Range: 6 – 8 years old
Christmas Message: Doesn’t contain a ‘message’, but is a good way to help your children reflect further on the nativity story through the various activities.
• Follow a hungry fox as it tells their version of what happened in Bethlehem
• If your child has heard the Christmas story over and over, this bushy tale offers a fresh, captivating look at the over-told nativity scene.
• Written by Nick Butterworth, creator of ‘Animal Tales’
Age Range: 6 – 8 years old
Christmas Message: The fox follows the shepherd’s journey to Jesus, catching a glimpse of the Saviour’s birth. The finishing thought focuses on what your response to Jesus will be?
For Ages 8-10
• The complete Christmas story from Mary and the Angel Gabriel to the flight from Egypt
• Entertaining and engaging illustrations, puzzles, quizzes, facts & information
• Illustrations from "The Edge Group", creators of the Manga Bible.
Age Range: 7 – 10 years old
Christmas Message: Point children back to the Bible through this entertaining & engaging comic - perfect for giveaways.
• Explains ‘why we call it Christmas’, and other questions such as which came first – Christmas or Hanukah’ and ‘what do Christmas Tree’s have to do with Jesus’.
• Both hilarious and educational (even adults will laugh out loud and learn something new)
• “Absolutely spot on - informative and fun and a clear presentation of the gospel … Highly recommended.” – John, Eden.co.uk review
Age Range: 4 – 10 year olds
Christmas Message: There is a clearly explained gospel message when Buck Denver explains the name ‘Emmanuel’ (which means God with us) in a way every child can understand.
October 20th, 2015 - Posted & Written by James Warwood