If you love the easy, readable style of the New Living Translation Bible (NLT), the authority of the New International Version (NIV) or the beauty and poetry of the King James Version (KJV), and if you want to put that reading into practice everyday, then there is a Life Application Study Bible for you.
What is a Life Application Study Bible?
Life Application Study Bibles help you understand each part of the Bible in relation to the whole and guide you in how to apply what you read to everyday life.
As with other study Bibles, you get the supporting facts, maps, charts and historic details to help you gain a deeper insight into the how, when and why the Bible came to be written. Notes and cross references link the key themes and messages helping you understand the Bible in the context of its day.
What makes a Life Application Bible different are the notes and guides that make the Bible directly relevant to your daily life. Each passage and brought up close and personal with an explanation of its meaning for today and practical tips for applying its truth to your daily life.
Inside a Life Application Bible you'll a wide range of resources to help you get the most out of your time with the Bible. You'll find the background information that helps you uderstand what the Bible means today and how to put that meaning into practice.
You'll find helpful, intriguing and fascinating facts, figures and details presented in:
- Thousands of life application notes to explain and challenge.
- Personality profiles of over 100 important Bible characters.
- An overview, statistics and a timeline to help you understand each book.
- 200 thumbnail maps to highlight important Bible places and events.
- A Christian Worker's resource to enhance the your effectiveness in ministry.
- 260 charts help explain difficult concepts and relationships.
- Cross-references to linked Bible themes and events.
- Built in comparisons between the gospels Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
- A comprehensive Bible dictionary and concordance.
- A supporting daily reading plan.
- An extensive index to all notes, charts, maps, and profiles
What will it do for me?
A Life Application Bible will help you understand what the Bible means and give you a guide to interpreting and applying its meaning to your life everyday.
Following the daily reading plan for your favourite translation will take you through the Bible in 365 readings. In one year, a Life Application Study Bible will take you through what the whole Bible means for you in today's world.
User reviews for Life Application Study Bibles are on the product pages at Eden.co.uk. Almost all the reviews are five-star with positive comments about the quality of both the information and its presentation.
Reader recommendations include:
- "I picked it up and found it hard to put down!"
- "Well worth the money and incredibly insightful."
- "An ideal first bible to buy enabling the new Christian to understand the bible quickly so they can grow spiritually."
Life Application Study Bibles are presented in wide range of translations, editions, styles, and cover designs to suit just about every requirement and taste.
Covers to look good in the hands of the fashion conscious and cash-strapped students are offered alongside editions bound in luxury leather. Large print and thumb-index Life Application Study Bibles complete a range of easy access editions that work well as gifts and as introductions to the Bible for new Christians.
Is there a King James Version (KJV) edition?
If you prefer the more traditional and poetic language of the King James Version (KJV) or Authorised Version (AV) you still get the same quality of content, wide range of covers and special editions as readers of the New Living (NLT) and New International (NIV) Bible.
Life Application Study Bibles: The Trivia Files
According to the The NLT Life Application Bible time line (Personal Edition) the Romans didn't start using soap until 50AD, about the time that Paul was preaching in Corinth and writing to the church in Thessalonica.
Quick Guide to
Life Application Study Bibles - what are they?
- Full text Bibles with supporting facts and details for a deeper insight into your Bible reading.
- A guide to the Bible's original meaning in the context of its day and what it means its readers in today's world.
- Available in a wide range of editions, covers and styles to suit all readers of the NLT (New Living translation), KJV (King James Version), New International Version (NIV) and other Bible translations.
Life Application Study Bibles - why should I buy one?
- To get an all-in-one full text Bible with background notes and information for an understanding of the Bible in the context of its day.
- For insight and guidance into applying the Bible's meaning to your daily life.
- As a gift to encourage another in their daily walk of faith.
Over to You
At Eden.co.uk you can find a truly interactive Christian community helping you find all you need to live, learn and grow your faith.
The Life Application Bible (NLT) describes Acts 1: 15-26 as the Church’s first business meeting. The only item on the agenda seems to be the appointment of a new disciple to replace Judas.
- What do you think might have been on the agenda for the second business meeting, when do you think they began to look like one of today’s PCC meetings?
- Do you think life application of the Bible incudes the way the church conducts its internal business, what would be your best Bible verse for application to church business meetings?
Tell us. Post your ideas, views and tips – beautiful, bizarre and brilliant at Eden.co.uk
May 21st, 2012 - Posted & Written by Les Ellison