The Story of Jesus is the cornerstone of the Christian faith. If there was only one story we could pass down to our children – it would be this one.
We’ve hand-picked our favourite Children’s books & DVD’s that explain the Easter story with clarity, sensitivity and a good sprinkling of creativity. We hope these help you to explain the Christian message at Easter to your children.
Pre-School Easter Books
• From the popular ‘My Very First’ series
• Economic price, great for giveaways
• Bright, engaging illustrations
Age Range: 2 – 6 years old
Economically priced, this small and colourful children's Bible storybook is an ideal gift or give-away for prize-givings, outreach and mission in the Lent and Easter period.
Clear, strong pictures not only help children remember the stories, they also help grown-ups voice the story for the younger children (2 years up) but with simple words and sentences for those early 'read for myself years' of 4 to 6.
• From the ever popular Veggie Tales series
• ‘An Easter Carol’: Nezzer has banned Easter! Bob & Larry must convince him Easter is about more than just eggs & chocolate
• Features Grammy award winning artist, Rebecca St James
Age Range: 2 – 8 years old
Great for a mixed age service or Sunday schoo. The Easter story is retold for a young audience, explaining why millions of Christians around the world celebrate Easter.
For Ages 4 - 7
• All-new booklet from Scripture, making the topic of Easter more approachable
• Pack of 10, perfect for school, Sunday school or church giveaways
• Colourful and easy to understand
Age Range: 5-8 years old
A great new addition to the Scripture Union booklet series. Focussing on the Story of Easter this booklet is a great tool for mission activities, Easter giveaways or kids groups.
• 30-minute DVD, respectful & truthful to the Bible
• Gentle narration, calming music & eye-catching animation
• No violence or disturbing images in Jesus’ crucifixion, making this one of the only DVD’s suitable for the very young
Age Range: 3 – 7 years old
Easter Message: Very different to Veggie Tales! Taken straight from the ‘Read & Share Bible’, the scripture has simply been animated. The DVD’s slow-pace and professional animation guides young eyes through the actual story.
For Ages 6 - 8
• Simple text from the bestselling Beginner’s Bible
• Over 50 reusable stickers
• Puzzles, stickers, activity pages to educate and entertain.
Age Range: 4 – 7 years old
The child-approved Beginner’s Bible Series introduced the Easter Story for busy hands with pages and pages of stickers, puzzles and more.
Episode 37 - Betrayal. Follows Jesus and the Disciples in his final week as he washes their feet, shares the last supper and is arrested.
Episode 38 - Trials & Tribulations - Follows the events of the Crucifixion.
25 minutes per episode, perfect for Sunday school
Age range: 4-8 year olds
With captivating production, music, quizzes and activity suggestions, The Friends and Heroes DVDs are a great addition to any Sunday School curriculum.
For Ages 8 - 10
• Explores what Christians believe about Easter
• Contemporary and engaging design specifically for 8-11 year olds
• Economically priced pack of 10
Age Range: 9- 11 years old
With eye-catching illustrations and approachable text. Scripture Union have, yet again, made the often tricky parts of the Bible easy to understand and engage with.
• From the Boring Bible range by Andy Robb
• Packed full of jokes, facts, cartoons and questions
• Simply answers the question: ‘What’s Easter all about?’
Age Range: 8 – 10 years old (but also a good gift for babies)
Andy Robb succeeds again with wit and humour, engaging girls and boys alike with jokes, cartoons, questions and more.
• Following up on the popular “Christmas Family Time”
• From Messy Church creator, Lucy Moore
• Mini books available individually or in discounted value packs of 10 and 25.
• An affirming gift for Messy Churches, all-ages services or evangelism events.
Age Range: The whole family will love this!
This minibook aims to transfer the core values of Messy Church to the home and family context, encouraging families to talk together, be creative, be hospitable, be Christ-centred and celebratory, and including activities for all ages
February 1st, 2017 - Posted & Written by Laura White