If you’ve not heard of The Shack where have you been? This October saw the release of The Shack DVD; the feature film of the book which has divided opinion around the world.
Whether you love it, hate it or just can’t work out why people are so bothered by it then read on to discover some quirky facts about The Shack.
1. Did you know The Shack was collaboratively written with author Wayne Jacobsen author of ‘So You Don’t Want to Go to Church Anymore’ & ‘ He Loves Me’ and Brad Cummings.
2. The Shack took WM Paul Young 4 months to write the first draft and then a further 16 months of collaborative writing to get it finished.
3. The Shack was turned down by 26 different publishers before being printed in Brad Cummings’ garage under Windblown Media.
4. WM Paul Young grew up among the Dani tribe in West Papua New Guinea and is one of the first people outside of the tribe to learn their local dialect.
5. The director of The Shack Stuart Hazeldine is a member of HTB London
6. The Shack was originally a self published novel and has now sold over 22 million copies!
7. The Shack was a New York Times bestselling novel for 70 weeks.
8. WM Paul Young wrote the novel as a gift to his children to explain how he felt about God.
9. There’s a scene at the end of the movie where lots of butterflies appear and at one point a butterfly lands on Sam Worthington’s nose at just the right time. This was captured on film - this is not CGI - it actually happened!
10. WM Paul Young wrote his second book Cross Roads in just 11 days.
The Shack DVD is available to buy now from eden.co.uk
November 24th, 2017 - Posted & Written by Anna Bunn